AVIA's mission is to increase the knowledge of, and involvement in, the arts by the State of Washington's visually impaired residents.
AVIA pursues this mission by:
- Providing Audio-Description for live performances.
- Promoting Audio-Description as an effective and appropriate method of providing accessibility to theatre performances for persons with visual impairments.
- Providing other appropriate access services to the arts for blind and visually impaired people (see Programs and Services).
- Involving visually impaired people in the creation of art.
- Informing visually impaired people of the availability of access to the arts.